UMB Healthcare services, a division of UMB Financial Corporation, delivers custodial services for health savings accounts (HSAs) and private label, multipurpose debit cards to insurance carriers, third-party administrators, software companies, employers and financial institutions.
UMB by the numbers
- More than $400 million in HSA assets held on behalf of account holders
- More than 2.5 million healthcare spending account cards currently in circulation
- Named as one of Forbes top best banks three years in a row
- More than 200,000 individual accounts
High Deductible Health Plans (HDHPs) are a key part of most companies’ health care strategies. But they continue to haunt even the most experienced benefits pros. How do you make HDHPs and HSAs attractive to the average person and convince people to save for their future health care costs? That was the question that was keeping UMB up at night when they came to us in 2011.
A forward-thinking and respected HSA provider, UMB knew the value of investing in their clients and employee communications. And we partnered with them to create the most comprehensive HSA communications toolkit in the industry. The series of toolkits make it painless for benefits managers to make the move to consumer-driven plans. From first announcement through ongoing communications, toolkits come with top-notch planning tools and advice and dozens of ready-to-use templates. All with Benz’s signature simple, people-focused touch.
When companies communicate well, the benefits are tremendous and well-documented:
- Increased satisfaction with benefits plans
- Higher enrollment
- Reduced health care costs—for employers and employees
- Improved ROI
- Smarter health care consumers who are more aware of quality and costs and make smart decisions about how to use their plans
- More confidence in financial decision-making (and higher savings rates).
Full toolkit contents
- An implementation roadmap includes detailed information about the timeline of implementing HSAs through the first couple of years.
- Fact sheets explain account holder fees, and the benefits of HSAs.
- Checklists walk you through critical plan design elements so you can get the most from your consumer strategy.
- Tip sheets offer ways to avoid common mistakes when designing and implementing high-deductible health plans with health savings accounts.
- Employer support and resources explains what support is available and your UMB contacts.
- FAQs cover the most common questions we are asked by employers implementing HSAs or switching custodians.
Launch Communication Toolkit includes:
- A comprehensive Planning Guide will walk you through every step of creating an effective benefits communication strategy, including understanding your audience, crafting a core set of key messages and identifying success measures. You’ll also see a sample communication timeline to map out what will be sent when and how to use the templates.
- A suite of ready-to-customize templates will help you create an engaging annual enrollment campaign. We’ve included blog articles, postcards, emails, two video scripts with slides, two presentations with speaker’s notes, frequently asked questions, enrollment guide copy and a tip sheet. All you need to do is fill in the details for your benefits plans.
- A Planning Supplement provides tips for effective and affordable communication, how to build an ongoing communication timeline, and a template for creating your own timeline.
- Just as with the Launch Communication Toolkit, the Ongoing Communication Toolkit provides a suite of ready-to-customize templates including blog posts, postcards, tweets and tip sheets.